EXPLORE THE KRONG NO VOLCANIC CAVE
The route of the Krong No Volcanic Cave Exploration Tour consists of 2 days and 2 nights, which can vary according to weather conditions.
EXPLORE THE VOLCANIC CAVE OF KRONG NO
- C7 volcanic cave belongs to Dray Sap special-use forest area (Nam Da commune, Krong No district).
- C8 volcanic cave near the volcanic area of Tram B’lang (Buon Choah commune, Krong Nong district, Dak Nong).
- Duration: 2 days 2 nights
- Duration: from January to May (5-6 trips/1 month)
RISK LEVEL 2: AVERAGE
- Requirements: Basic health, having playing sports, having climbing experience is an advantage.
- Customer: Suitable for customers who are adventurous and want to experience new terrain.
ACTIVITIES ON THE TOUR
- Steep mountainous terrain
- Explore the vast field of lava
- Visit the volcanic cave
- Swinging the rope down to the mouth of the cave
- Camping and barbecues
- Adults: VND 4,000,000 per person – (Applicable to a group of 15 or more people, up to 20 guests per group).
- Children (from 6 to 12 years old): 3,200,000 VND / person.
SUMMARY OF THE KRONG NO VOLCANIC CAVE SYSTEM
In 2014, after more than five years of research, Japanese Cave Society scientists discovered southeast Asia’s largest volcanic cave system in the Central Highlands. It is considered a unique natural heritage of volcanic eruptions millions of years ago.
Krong No Volcanic Cave is a volcanic cave system in Krong Nong district, Dak Nong province, Vietnam. It is a 25 km long basalt volcanic cave system, stretching from the Choar trading crater along the length of the Seripok River to the Area of Wax Dam Waterfall.
Among them, C7 is the cave worth exploring the most. It is the longest lava cave in Southeast Asia and a prominent geological research site. The cave has a northwest-southeast direction and has a single collapse point, 11m deep, needs ropes to climb down and has a total length of 1067m. The sinkholes are a favorable environment for the characteristic vegetation growing beneath the dome to create extremely interesting natural landscapes.
To conquer this journey, you need to participate in our climbing course held in Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh City or demonstrate to us your climbing skills or experience. Children are recommended to participate only part of the trip.
Organizing activities to explore The Krong No volcanic cave is a new combination program for members who are passionate about climbing and conquering mysterious caves in Dak Nong.
- Meals and water throughout the journey
- Climbing equipment and insurance throughout the climbing journey and exploring the cave
- Tents, tents, sleeping bags for 2 nights
- Medical instruments, basic medicines
- Transportation on and from
YOU NEED TO PREPARE
- Climbing shoes have adhesion, good quality. The shoes are resistant to slippery, favorable for many rugged terrains.
- The dress has a light thin material, good dryness, easy to check.
- Warm clothes to wear at night.
- Long, thick socks (no low-neck socks)
- The backpack is of moderate size, good durability.
- Slippers to wear in the forbidden zone.
For more information and photos of the trip, please visit Facebook.